Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to Da Boys!

December is a month of total insanity in our house. On top of the average Christmas festivities (which are actually kind of above average since I am a Christmas freak and insist on keeping up a ridiculous amount of Christmas traditions) we also celebrate Nate’s birthday (Dec. 3rd), Caleb’s birthday (Dec. 30th), my birthday (Dec. 11th) and mine and Rob’s anniversary (Dec. 28th). As if that isn’t enough my sister, both of my grandmas and two of my nieces also have Dec. birthdays.

With all of this going on we try to combine Caleb and Nate’s birthdays whenever possible. So, this year we celebrated them on Dec. 6th. The boys decided they wanted a “Detective” birthday party. Hmmm??? Guess I had to really put my brain into that one but we ended up making it a murder mystery. Each of the guests was a different famous detective. Caleb chose Sean Spencer since he LOVES the USA show “Psyche”. Nate chose “Adrian Monk”. The rest of the guests were various famous tv detectives, James Rockford, Thomas Magnum, AJ and Rick Simon…etc.

The mystery involved threats, blackmail, unrequited love, and intrigue. The boys had a blast figuring out who killed Wendell Shackelman and stuffed his body into the garbage can.

All told it was a fun day and my babies are now 7 and 9! Can you believe that? Happy Birthday Caleb and Nate!

No comments: