Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Frog Prince

Last year I found a large hole in my rose bed which I assumed the kids had dug out so after I got after them I filled it in. A couple of days later it was back so I started thinking it was erosion from one of the drippers and filled it in again. Every day I would notice it and fill it in and think...we have to do something about that dripper. Well one night I ran into a big toad on our patio and when we tried to catch him he hopped down into the hole. I had to laugh thinking about how many times I'd filled in his hole...poor guy kept having to dig out over and over again.

Anyway, shortly after that the kids dubbed our rose bed "The Frog Kingdom"---hence the Frog Prince figure that graces our front entry (Notice him in the background of the pics below)

Nate visits and catches Mr. Toad nearly every night and I am happy to say that he is the most maintenance free pet we have ever had. He is a hideous fellow but he's kind of grown on me and I am very careful when I pull into the driveway at night. (Okay, he is kind of cute.)


1 comment:

Lovin Family said...

That is a BIG feller! What fun to have a frog living in your yard. My kids would love that! xoxoo