Thursday, August 28, 2008

Funny and or cute things the kids have said lately:

Max: Cuddling up to me and cupping my face in both of his little chubby hands he says, “You are my best little mommy!” ~~sigh~~

Max---Watching the Disney Channel Games, “Mom, the Jonas Brothers are the dream team!”

Hayden: I was getting ready to go out with Rob and just finished my makeup and hair but was still wearing sweats and a t-shirt. “Um….I think you’d better change your clothes before your date.” I teased, “Nope. I’m just going to wear this.” Hayden with arched eyebrow, “K…first of all…the sweats…not so much! Second of all…the t-shirt…not so much either!”

Caleb recently had a conversation with Beth where she told him that next time we go to Disneyland she is coming with us again. The same week he just finished his last requirement for his Wolf badge and then I was called to scouts. “My life couldn’t get any better. I am getting my Wolf badge, my mom is going to be my scout leader and my Auntie Beth is going with us to Disneyland.” Just then I pulled a bag of salt and vinegar chips out of the grocery bag. “I guess I was wrong…it just got better!” Some people are just easily pleased.

Nate: "Mom is asinine a bad word?" Me: "No. It means stupid or ridiculous." Later that day we found out that our Mesa Public Library cards are invalid because we are no longer Maricopa County residents. Nate: "That is totally asinine!" He now looks for excuses to use that word and I can guarantee that he does it just because it sounds like another bad word he isn't allowed to say. Ugh! That boy!

On the other hand he also asks me questions like: "So mom, if God created us then who created God?" and "Where does wind come from?" Oy!

1 comment:

Rocker Mama said...

I'm with Nate...asinine is just fun to say. I feel like I'm really getting away with something when I say it. TEE HEE HEE!;)