Friday, August 29, 2008

Storms

A note to anyone NOT a Stewart: Being born and partly raised in Oregon I naturally have webbed feet so when the rainy weather starts I take to it like a duck to... Okay so maybe I'm pushing that analogy a bit far but the point is I love the rain and the lightning and the thunder even when it scares me and I jump and scream (the kids love that~!).

A note to Stewarts: Remember when we lived on 8th St. and we used to turn off all the lights during storms and pull open the blinds in the front room and camp out to watch the storm? ~~sigh~~~ Awesome memories! Last night when the storm was going on I was getting the kids to bed but couldn't resist letting them stay up late and sit with me in the dark in the front room watching the storm. I hope someday they'll say, "Remember when we used to sit in the front room..."

Anyway...I got this cool picture of some lightning and while it isn't a technically good shot (how good could it be with my little point and shoot digital---hint hint Rob---I really NEED that Nikon SLR) I should get brownie points for actually catching a bolt. (Bragging now...I actually caught three but I figured posting them all would get redundant.)

3 comments:

Kim Skinner said...

you're good. really good. catching a bolt and all. i have bolt envy you could say.

next time...call me. we need to watch the storm over a tall glass of....you know.

The Hallidays said...

Dr. Pepper??

Alecia said...

This is a great shot you have to be pretty patient to catch a bolt this good.