Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Awesome birth...

Here are a few pictures from an awesome birth that I was able to attend yesterday. All of the births I attend are awesome but this one was extra special because of the circumstances surrounding it. A couple of years ago I was M’s doula for her first baby and sadly that labor ended in a Cesarean because they claimed that M’s pelvis was too small for her baby’s head. Imagine her frustration when her baby ended up only weighing 7 lbs. 8 oz.

This time around M was determined to have a VBAC (Since this is a family blog I’ll just say that means, V. Birth after Cesarean. Use your imagination.) so she hired a Nurse-Midwife and set about planning for it. Yesterday at 12:06 p.m. after two long days of laboring, she delivered a healthy baby boy who was 8 lbs. 3 oz! (11 oz. bigger than the baby that she was told she was too small to deliver last time.)

If you want to know this awesome birth story in it’s entirety read it on my Doula blog here.

It was a very sweet experience to be involved in and I am grateful to J and M for letting me bear witness to their miracle.


Yeah, I realize I look like crap in these pictures but hey, this is me after pulling an all nighter. However, in the last picture if you look close you will be able to make out the glow of euphoric bliss surrounding me. I could live off of this high for at least a week. "Hi, my name is Tracie. I'm a birth junkie."

4 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Hi! I just stumbled on your blog while I was blog hopping and thought I would leave a comment, cuz I hate when I get new people that don't say who they are....Just thought I would let you know that you have a beautiful family and blog. Like the background music too! Thanks for allowing me to peek =)

Rocker Mama said...

Glad it was a positive experience. Can't wait to hear details.

Stacy said...

i read all your details on the other blog and can I tell you that I cried? I was so happy for M that she got it the way she wanted. While I'm not a fan of drug free births for myself, I am a fan of having what you want. It makes me want to have another one:)jk

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

Thats awesome that you do what you do! We need birth Junkies.