Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Trick or Treat

Well another Halloween has come and gone so naturally the kids are already discussing what they are going to be NEXT year! OY! This year was a lot of fun. The Monday before Halloween Nate came in and said, “Mom, Caleb says that we aren’t going to get to dress up this year because you haven’t gotten us costumes.” I told Nate to tell Caleb that for the past 8 years I’ve managed to pull off dressing him up even without his “help” and I’ll do it this year too. Caleb clearly can not understand that I work best under pressure which is just a nicer way of saying that I put everything off until the last minute. So, there I was making costumes on Thurs. afternoon but I did in fact manage to get it done.

In fact, as I was sewing I ran onto a bag of white terry cloth that I bought years ago for heaven knows what project I never completed but it worked out nicely as “fake fur” for my costume. It had occurred to me when I ran onto a caveman costume that I already had for Rob from a few years ago that maybe we could go as Fred and Wilma Flintstone. I have been saying for years that Rob has Fred Flintstone feet so this was a great opportunity to make the best of that. Heh Heh!
The boys went as Alvin and the Chipmunks which was completely typecasting only in our house Dave yells, “NAAATER!”, instead of Alvin. Of course Simon and Theodore were type cast as well, Caleb always being the “voice of reason” and Max being the chubby little brother who only gets in trouble because he is too little to know better.
Hayden who was undecided until a few days before Halloween ran onto Nate’s old skunk costume and surprised us all wanting to be that instead of some kind of frou frou princess as we would have expected. Those darn stinky boys are starting to rub off on her. Ah well, she was so adorable as a skunk it didn’t matter.
We all had a great time trick or treating and then having some friends over for chili and cornbread afterward. Hard to believe that we are into November now!

3 comments:

beth said...

you guys are super cute! love it!

Lovin Family said...

Those are some dang cute forest animals you got there!

Ortiz Family said...

Thats a cute idea for your boys! And you and your husband looked great as well.