Monday, March 8, 2010

20 weeks


We are going into our 20th week. Our baby girl is about the length of a banana and is curled up like that most of the time. She weighs about 1/2 a pound now. Yay baby! Her head is now finally a little more proportional to her body and she looks more like a baby than a little alien from now on.

As for me, I have reached the point that the "bump" can't really be hidden anymore and I am feeling the effects of that in my low back by late evening. I am typically a back sleeper but I have had to start side sleeping since that low back pain is waking me at night. That and my persistently full bladder are the first real pregnancy signs that I have felt and as annoying as they should be I actually find them novel and reassuring.

Found out today that anemia is still a bit of an issue for me. I guess I am not that surprised since I am still cold all the time except for my belly which is apparently getting all the blood flow because it is always warm. A more sentimental explanation is that my little princess is just radiating warmth from the inside out. :) You are welcome to think that is cheezy...I just think she is sweet and all I know is that I do feel warm carrying her inside of me.

1 comment:

Aubrey Garff said...

I am so happy for you! You are half way there!