Thursday, February 25, 2010

The good the bad and the ugly...

So, I'm blogging the good and the bad right? I have a lot on my mind tonight as I had a little spotting again tonight. It's frustrating to be experiencing this again at 18 weeks.

I had several episodes of this early on and was worried at the time of each event but each time a follow up ultrasound showed a lovely normal heartbeat. At this point in my pregnancy it's a little unusual to see it again but it does happen so I'm keeping my chin up. (Wish it wasn't late at night because I'd really like to see if my Midwife would like to give a little listen with her doppler if it was day time.)

So...I'm just going to try to take this odd little event in stride (it has ceased now) and see what we find out at the ultrasound next week. I really wish I was past the point where I feel movement. It would bring me a lot of peace to know the baby is squirming around...hmmm...hang in there Trace...(Am I being my own doula here? What's with that?)

4 comments:

Stacy said...

You have every reason to worry, I don't think the worry ever stops until I can feel the baby move. Even then, I worry until the baby is out. Then, I worry until the baby is old enough to communicate with me and tell me what the problem is. Then, I worry that they will have lots of problems and always be telling them to me. Then, I worry that something will happen to them when they are out with their friends. Then I worry that they won't have any friends, then I worry that they will want to move away and go to school far, far away. Then I worry that they won't want to go away. Then, I will worry that...it never ends. Hang in there.

The Hallidays said...

LOL! Thanks for the reassurance Stacy. :) Yeah...you are right...it never ends.

Kristine said...

I could sense something was slightly amiss at B&G, but didn't have time to come chat...so sorry. :(

Stacy hit the nail on the head! .

Turn it over to the Savior...he'll carry the burden...

Juanita said...

That is always scary...You must have a strong daughter in there! My strongest willed, most vocal daughter held on for dear life until it was safe even after hemorrhaging every month until she was born. They never did figure out what was wrong, but it scared me every time even though the Lord gave me peace that it would be okay. Hold on to the Peace. Love you guys!