Friday, February 5, 2010

Alien child?

My mom went in to her closet to get a pair of shoes this morning and when she reached for them they didn't budge. She grabbed them again and pulled harder...and there they sat---unmoved---seemingly attached to the shelf they were sitting on.

That is because they were; in fact; attached to the shelf they were sitting on. That is because they had been glued there by someone. So, who is the first person that she calls? Me. And why did she call me? Because I am the mother of HIM. To which HIM do you think I am referring? Take a shot in the dark.

My response: Give us about 5 minutes and we'll be right over so you can talk to him. She says, "I'm not mad you know...we've all been cracking up about it over here." I said, "I know. And I am not going to say a word to him about it because I want to be standing there watching when you ambush him." Incidentally; neither one of us have mentioned anyone's name in this whole conversation...it's just a given.

So I make an excuse to my kids about how I need to go on the internet and we are going to run to grandma's for a minute. We arrive, walk into her room and she holds up her shoes which have now been pried off of the shelf and have glue and paint residue spots on the heels.

HE just gets a big sheepish grin on his face, shrugs his shoulders and innocently says, "WHAT?"

I don't know what planet this kid came from.

4 comments:

McDougal Family said...

That is absolutely hilarious! Kinda sounds like something one of my kids would do....although he too shall remain nameless!:)

Kim Skinner said...

that is classic.

beth said...

bah bah ha ha ha ha

Unknown said...

that's hilarious.